BDP2+BDA2: missing first second of first song

Discuss Bryston's BDP-2 Digital Music Player

Re: BDP2+BDA2: missing first second of first song

by guildenstern » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:02 am

Reviving this thread because I'm experiencing the same problem of first couple seconds clipped from songs. I have BDP2 and BDA2. Have any solutions been offered? Thanks.
guildenstern

by guildenstern » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:16 am

vklyushnikov wrote:I've found a workaround for this issue. I've connected BDP-2 with BDA-2 via USB cable - in addition to my usual AES/EBU connection. Then I switched on BDA first and BDP next - to allow BDP to detect USB DAC. And issue has completely disappeared both on AES/EBU and USB outputs! No skipping when switching sample rates. I prefer sound on AES/EBU more and continue listening through it. But USB stays connected to avoid skipping. keithjacksontucson - you may try this with your DAC. My solution looks weird - but it is good enough while waiting for bugfix from Bryston. Still hope that Gary or Chris will comment on this issue.

You say you connected BDP2 to BDA2 via USB cable. How did you do that? The BDP2 has no USB output, does it? Thanks for any guidance you can offer.
guildenstern

by vklyushnikov » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:51 am

guildenstern wrote:
vklyushnikov wrote:I've found a workaround for this issue. I've connected BDP-2 with BDA-2 via USB cable - in addition to my usual AES/EBU connection. Then I switched on BDA first and BDP next - to allow BDP to detect USB DAC. And issue has completely disappeared both on AES/EBU and USB outputs! No skipping when switching sample rates. I prefer sound on AES/EBU more and continue listening through it. But USB stays connected to avoid skipping. keithjacksontucson - you may try this with your DAC. My solution looks weird - but it is good enough while waiting for bugfix from Bryston. Still hope that Gary or Chris will comment on this issue.

You say you connected BDP2 to BDA2 via USB cable. How did you do that? The BDP2 has no USB output, does it? Thanks for any guidance you can offer.

You can use any USB port on back of BDP2. Please read BDP-2 manual carefully.
Regards,
Vladimir
vklyushnikov

by guildenstern » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:44 pm

vklyushnikov wrote:
guildenstern wrote:

You can use any USB port on back of BDP2. Please read BDP-2 manual carefully.

Thanks, I did read the BDP2 manual and found nothing about USB output, but after further Web searching I found info on USB output available thru Manic Moose software, with setup explained in online Manic Moose PDF manual. All part of the adventure of owning a BDP2...
guildenstern

by Chris Rice » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:15 am

Were would be the fun if we made it to easy
Bryston Ltd.
Engineer
Chris Rice

Previous

Return to BDP-2