Tidal

Modern BDP firmware available as a stable release since June 2014. Compatible with all BDP hardware.

Re: Tidal

by Wim J » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:56 am

Tried latest release, and Tidal is working now. But I get on more then 10 songs playing from the playlists, then it starts skipping song and goes into pause,...
Is this Tidal related? My internet speeds is 10Mbps which is not great but should be plenty for audio streaming. All is hardwired with CAT5E and/or CAT6 and at least 100Mbps Netgear switches (managable)
Wim J

by Chris Rice » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:38 pm

Wim J wrote:Tried latest release, and Tidal is working now. But I get on more then 10 songs playing from the playlists, then it starts skipping song and goes into pause,...
Is this Tidal related? My internet speeds is 10Mbps which is not great but should be plenty for audio streaming. All is hardwired with CAT5E and/or CAT6 and at least 100Mbps Netgear switches (managable)

That sounds like a problem i have been trying squash with the most recent changes introduced with S210 2015-02-18, you arn't by chance running the S2.10 2015-02-20 firmware b y chance? i was hoping changes made in this version would help alleviate that problem. Please for future posts, mention the version of the firmware your using.

Cheers,
Chris
Bryston Ltd.
Engineer
Chris Rice

by Wim J » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:16 pm

Yes indeed I m running the 2015-2-20 fimware ,... Sorry
Wim J

by Chris Rice » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:04 am

Wim J wrote:Tried latest release, and Tidal is working now. But I get on more then 10 songs playing from the playlists, then it starts skipping song and goes into pause,...

Which method of playback are you using? MPD or mplayer, we have been concentrating on the mplayer method and wi likley discontinue work on using MPD to play streams from tidal.

Cheers
Chris
Bryston Ltd.
Engineer
Chris Rice

by Wim J » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:35 pm

I'm Using mpd player,... because i'm getting no sound from mplayer. It even doesn't start playing. So at the moment mplayer is no option for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. When settings are lossless and MPD I have basic functionality and am able to play music. When settings are lossless and mplayer, I can see song and albums, but can't select them and so they don't play.

update: I got to the situation mplayer is playing according to the screen on my desktop. But in reality my BDA2 doesn't even lock. I happend to noticed in the tidal screen that the bitrates when trying to use mplayer were very low ( 11 , 71, 99...) as already said the BDA2 doesn't lock and the player eventually stops in some kind of pause condition. Similar to what happens at MPD (but only after some songs were succesfully played using MPD).
I also noticed with MPD that before music goes into pause music starts stuttering, then tries playing the next track, eventually skipping that and following tracks. When pressing 'play' again music resumes, but most of the times is starts stuttering again,..
Wim J

by Chris Rice » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:34 am

Have you tried rebooting between switching between mpd and mplayer? Are you connecting to the DAC via USB or SPDIF? The disadvantage of MPD is you must play a track within ten minutes of adding it to the play queue, otherwise the url times out and is no longer valid. We can't do anything about the stuttering that occurs when set to lossless. We are still working our bugs with mplayer, but currently its the most promising method we have tested as of yet.

Cheers,
Chris
Bryston Ltd.
Engineer
Chris Rice

by Wim J » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:13 am

Chris Rice wrote:Have you tried rebooting between switching between mpd and mplayer? Are you connecting to the DAC via USB or SPDIF? The disadvantage of MPD is you must play a track within ten minutes of adding it to the play queue, otherwise the url times out and is no longer valid. We can't do anything about the stuttering that occurs when set to lossless. We are still working our bugs with mplayer, but currently its the most promising method we have tested as of yet.

Cheers,
Chris

Yes, I tried rebooting, but the BDA2 will not lock on to the BDP1, songs appear to be playing but have very low bitrates. (I Think even morse-code is faster) So that's probably why the BDA2 does not lock.
I use USB input on BDA2
WJ
Wim J

by Chris Rice » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:07 pm

We changed how the bitrate is shown, it is in fact much higher then it is display'd. We havn't implemented support for USB interfaces with the mplayer playback method, this should hopefully be done today.

Cheers,
Chris
Bryston Ltd.
Engineer
Chris Rice

by Wim J » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:25 am

Ok, I'll wait for USB support of mplayer then. The BDA2 's inputs are almost all in use,...
Wim J

by Wim J » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:52 pm

Today I loaded the 2015-02-26 beta 2.10 software. Without any problems I got mplayer to work. I also was able to listen to more then 10 songs without stuttering playback. This is a very promising evolution :D Keep the sofware updates coming !
Wim J

PreviousNext

Return to Manic Moose: BDP Firmware S2.x