BDP-Pi Firmware update failing

Discuss Bryston's BDP-Pi Digital Music Player

BDP-Pi Firmware update failing

by martydmnt » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:33 am

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 1.30.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 1.30.56 PM.png (66 KiB) Viewed 767 times

My Pi is letting me know a new version of the firmware is available. I currently have S2.38 2018-09-11 installed. When I go to Firmware update from the Dashboard, I click on "Update." It dutifully downloads the new firmware but it fails the checksum (see the screenshot). I've tried several times over the past 2 weeks and the result is always the same. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
martydmnt

Re: BDP-Pi Firmware update failing

by Tobogan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:52 pm

Hi, I add exactly the same issue.
For some reason the micro SD card in the BDP-Pi became unwritable, hence the checksum error.
I add to buy a new card and download an old version of MM on it following the instructions here:
http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BD ... ources.pdf

Then The BDP Pi accepted the upgrade.
Tobogan

by Chris Rice » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:01 pm

That repair is covered under the units warranty, if you contact us with the units serial number and an address we can either send out a replacement or direct you to the nearest overseas Bryston distributor.
Bryston Ltd.
Engineer
Chris Rice

by Chris Rice » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:02 pm

martydmnt wrote:
My Pi is letting me know a new version of the firmware is available. I currently have S2.38 2018-09-11 installed. When I go to Firmware update from the Dashboard, I click on "Update." It dutifully downloads the new firmware but it fails the checksum (see the screenshot). I've tried several times over the past 2 weeks and the result is always the same. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

If you place the BDP into service mode and email us the service id we can confirm the state of the BDP's internal storage.

http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BD ... Manual.pdf

Chris
Bryston Ltd.
Engineer
Chris Rice

Return to BDP-Pi