Roon

Modern BDP firmware available as a stable release since June 2014. Compatible with all BDP hardware.

Re: Roon

by generichs » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:57 am

There is a latency problem using Roon with the BDP-1. Maybe someone can come up with a setting to avoid latency with Roon.
generichs

by generichs » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:58 am

I suspect if JRiver was enabled in the BPD-1 that would be a better option than Roon. The sound of both software is similar and JRiver is a lot cheaper and provides a CD ripper to store music files.

It would be good to be able to compare both on the BDP-1.
generichs

by LarryHarty » Tue May 22, 2018 8:06 pm

think a key bit of dannydulai's post is "a certification process". If a part of the process is Bryston paying a fee for Certification then it may be a bridge too far. It would also read these reviews of phenq increase the cost of manufacture to all customers, even those who don't use Roon. Furthermore, Roon is not freeware, so we would be paying for Roon in the hardware purchase and also when installing Roon.

I used to use Roon until it disappeared. It was a good piece of software to listen and manage my music. Since its disappearance, I've started using another software. Now, I've come to know that Roon is back again in the market. Can someone review it, please? Or provide some insights about it? Should I dump my current software and go for it? By the way, I loved it when I used to use it.
LarryHarty

by OlliePhillips » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:33 pm

I think a key bit of dannydulai's post is "a certification process". If a part of the process is Bryston paying a fee for Certification then it may be a bridge too far. It would increase phenq weight loss the cost of manufacture to all customers, even those who don't use Roon. Furthermore, Roon is not freeware, so we would be paying for Roon in the hardware purchase and also when installing Roon.

Guess I’d be sure to check the Bryston’s drop down to be sure it’s pointing to Roon. You’ve already confirmed that Roon is showing the BDP in its Roon Ready list. What are the possible settings in Roon for Device Setup and DSP? As for Windows itself you may need to ensure that it is using whatever is correct for output to the BDP (WASAPI or ASIO, I think). But I’m guessing here as I use Mac.
Last edited by OlliePhillips on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OlliePhillips

by MichaelNelson » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:30 pm

Guess I’d be sure to check the Bryston’s drop down to be sure it’s pointing to Roon. You’ve already confirmed that Roon is showing the BDP in its Roon Ready list. What are the possible settings in Roon for Device Setup and DSP? As for Windows itself you may see awesome results with crazybulk need to ensure that it is using whatever is correct for output to the BDP (WASAPI or ASIO, I think). But I’m guessing here as I use Mac.

I concur. The interface for the BDP1 is crude. It should have the capacity to work with Roon or other more cleaned music playing frameworks. Without a superior interface I experience issues suggesting BDP1/2 to music darlings.
MichaelNelson

by JoshAllison » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:48 pm

OlliePhillips wrote:
I think a key bit of dannydulai's post is "a certification process". If a part of the process is Bryston paying a fee for Certification then it may be a bridge too far. It would increase the cost of manufacture to all customers, even those who don't use Roon. Furthermore, Roon is not freeware, so we would be paying for Roon in the hardware purchase and also when installing Roon.

Guess I’d be sure to check the Bryston’s drop down to be sure it’s pointing to Roon. You’ve already confirmed that Roon is showing the BDP in its Roon Ready list. What are the possible settings in Roon for Device Setup and DSP? As for Windows itself you may need to ensure that it is using whatever is correct for output to the BDP (WASAPI or ASIO, I think). But I’m guessing here as I use Mac.

Exactly my thoughts. Why should the non-users of Roon bear the extra cost?
JoshAllison

Previous

Return to Manic Moose: BDP Firmware S2.x