BDP-1 locks up

steve88d

29-10-2014 16:06:54

After about an hour or so of continuous play my BDP won't respond to any inputs from the front panel or any of my remote devices (android tablet, phone or PC) it also begins to skip while still playing music at that point. The only thing I can do is shut it down with the front power button and restart to regain control over the unit. The music that was skipping when it locked up then plays normally after the restart. I am using MM S2.06.
Is my player in need of repair? Its still under warranty till mid 2015
thanks.
Steve

steve88d

31-10-2014 00:54:52

Froze up again tonight but music continued to play from playlist without skipping this time. Front display panel went black and the BDP won't respond to any control devices or front panel buttons.
Steve

steve88d

31-10-2014 21:21:11

This time the front panel display went black after the third song. Music kept playing. I could still control the player using MP Droid from my tablet but only limited control from my PC using MM. And when using MM the album art was displaying what was played 3 or 4 songs ago, plus the playlist column was empty but music was playing. I'm downloading the latest S2.06 again to see if a reinstall helps. The unfortunate thing is when I had Looney Loon the player was flawless now it doesn't make it through a listening session without messing up. I only installed MM because I thought new firmware was always a good thing, I actual oy prefer controlling my BDP with MP Droid instead of MM. I hope the reinstall helps!

steve88d

04-11-2014 22:13:11

Did the re-install of MM s2.06 still no joy all the symptoms continue. Tried unplugging the player over night like a hard restart also didn't help. I emailed Bryston Service dept. still waiting for a reply.
I just turned on the BDP and music is playing as I type this but the front panel display is still showing the song title of the first track it played and its currently on track 5 of the same disc (file).
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Steve

steve88d

28-11-2014 22:16:00

I have given up on MM and gone back to LL. Bryston sent me a me CF card with LL on it after I placed a call to them one day in frustration. I installed it and my BDP-1 works perfectly. MM was a constant source of frustration. I spent a full day online with a Bryston service tech and he could not determine the cause of the problems. I bought a card reader, went through the process of downloading MM and installing it on to the original CF card all over again in case the original MM download was corrupted but all the same problems persisted. The service tech said my BDP-1 would have to be returned for service but I have never heard from Bryston again on the matter. So now I am locked in to LL with a warranty that expires in a few months and no further assistance from Bryston. I wanted to use MM because it is a nicer UI, it allows for internet radio, and I wanted to explore the option of ripping music through the BDP without using a computer (such as the BOT) but it appears that wont be the case.