Error 09 After Power Failure

jphabc54

19-04-2019 01:25:35

My previously fully functional BDP-1 is throwing an Error 09 after I had a power outage this week. When it attempts to power back up, my DAC engages and locks but the “Initializing..” screen eventually times out after2 minutes with the Error 09. I reviewed the standard checks for this error and confirmed that the connectors across the boards inside the box are snug. After no luck with that, I flashed my CF back card to stock MM 2.0. No change in behavior there either. Anything else I can try at this point to troubleshoot at home?

I have no USB devices attached to the BDP-1. Connecting/disconnecting DAC and Ethernet result in identical behavior.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Chris Rice

22-04-2019 19:50:39

Page 11 of the BDP-2 manual has information regarding these error codes and also contains the BDP-1 relevant information. We've also been noticing the the CR2032 coin cell battery on the system boards failing and the side effect is also an error 09 message.

http://bryston.com/PDF/Manuals/300030[BDP2].pdf

Chris

jphabc54

23-04-2019 13:22:53

Thank you -- I replaced the battery and the CF card and still getting the Error 09. I will try replacing the ribbon cable.

jphabc54

26-04-2019 11:39:17

I tried a new serial cable, which did not fix the problem either. It seems the serial bus on the main board or the front panel board could be causing the problem. Are there any more tests I can run to check the serial port performance? Loopback test or something? Thanks.

Chris Rice

13-05-2019 14:09:37

Just call us for service

cpremjee

23-02-2020 05:35:13

Hi Guys,
I had the same problem with BDP-1 all of sudden one day I power up my unit wait almost 5 min and got an error 09 message on my display. I opened up the top cover on my BDP-1 first I re-seated the CF card powered up and no go, then I re-seated the flat grey 10 pin ribbon cable and once again powered up still showing error 9. I noticed the that grey 10 pin USB cable which connect to the two front USB ports was not seated right on the motherboard I re-seated the plug and bingo BDP-1 booted up fine and no error 9. Subsequent power ups the BDP-1 again came up with error 9. I disconnected the USB cable on the motherboard side and problem solved no more error 9 on subsequent power cycles.
I have emailed Chris to send me a replacement USB bus cable.

Chetan