BPD-2 and Tidal - very erratic performance

chuckworkb

12-11-2018 13:08:54

Hello all. I am looking for some advice and assistance with Tidal and the BDP-2. The BDP has the latest firmware - just recently updated about 2 weeks ago.
I can see the Tidal library, and get to my music, but I have a terrible time getting the music to play. When I try to add an album or single songs it very often locks up, and never loads the music. It shows loading, and you can't do anything else, except go back to the dashboard.

I am using a wired ethernet connection directly to my cable router, and modem. No other device has an issue on my home network, wired or wireless.

If I use my laptop and open up the Tidal Web player, music loads and plays perfectly fine.

Any suggestions on how to clear this up?

Thank you in advance.

chuckworkb

19-11-2018 20:49:33

Is anyone else having issues with Tidal on the BDP-2?

I tried again yesterday.
I can bring up the list of my music in Tidal to choose from, but it pretty much never loads the music into the player. It just locks up most of the time. Or I may be able to pick one or two songs, then pick one more and it just locks up the player.

You can get back to the dashboard but can't play the music from Tidal.

It doesn't happen on my stored music, only on the Tidal track, and only when I use the BDP-2.

I can use tidal on my laptop and not have any issues, so it isn't a network issue because they are on the same network.

Nazzareno

03-12-2018 13:00:52

Hi chuckworkb, I am experencing the same issues you are complaning.
I have the same connections as yours to play the BDP-2.
Hoping asap Bryston solves this problem, when it happens I close the browser on my smartphone, then open it again and connect to the Manic Moose. The system resets and allows me to control again the BDP-2.
I know, it is quite annoying but it seemes, at the moment, the only way to bypass the problem.
Me too do not have problems in using my Surface tablet (by which I can play also MQA files untill 96khz, directly to the digital input of my preamp..... whitout using the BDP-2 at all...).

So I have to ask why the BDP-2 is not able to stream and reproduce MQA files from Tidal? is there any reason for this?
Also: when does Bryston release a new version of the firmware to install and play also the app for QOBUZ?

Is there anyone who knows the answer?

Thank you

Chris Rice

04-12-2018 13:09:49

Are you using TIDAL integrated in Media Player or the TIDAL app found under Applications?

Nazzareno

04-12-2018 15:46:15

Hi Cris,
I am using both. I can use either TIDAL integrated as a diver on the Media Player list or the app in the dashboard Applications. The system locks more often in the Media Player mode, mainly while trying to go back on the menu.
Even if the app mode it seems to play better, I prefer the Media Player mode cose controlling the BDP-2 from the app is confusing and not clear (Android phone).

Could you let me know also about MQA files? I can't stream MQA files from TIDAL.
But if I connect the Surface USB output directly to the digital input of my MC2600 it reads fine MQA files.
I don't know if the quality is the same as that could by streamed by th BDP-2, but it works....
Please let me know about QOBUZ too.
Thanks
Nazzareno

rkramer40

07-12-2018 21:15:03

Chris

Which app do you recommend using? TIDAL integrated in Media Player or the TIDAL app found under Applications?

Ron

Chris Rice

13-12-2018 12:24:38

BRYSRAF

17-12-2018 05:04:11

Hey Chris,
Is it me or have you upgraded Tidal integration into Manic Moose. This is the first time I’ve observed Tidal as a choice on the Media Player screen....and all the albums in my collection scroll rapidly by. Great stuff! The best Xmas gift I could ever ask for! :D

Chris Rice

18-12-2018 11:49:46

Yes we are shifting to integrate TIDAL and all other future streaming services into Media Player so our users can mix and match there proffered streaming service with any local music. Currently we are working towards adding QOBUZ support and hope to have firmware to submit to the company for approval very early in the new year.

Chris