12V triggewr to 9BSST2

moonhawk

23-10-2014 06:07:16

greetings

I have an SP3 and a new 9BSST2? how do I connect the 12v trigger? The SP3 has a plug, the 9B takes bare wire--Do I just strip the two wires on one end and plug them into the "In" holes on the 9B end>?

Thanks

Gary Dayton

23-10-2014 13:25:34

Yes, your 9B takes bare wire connections. You can pull out the trigger terminal plug in the back of your 9B in order to properly screw down the bare wires before inserting it back into the amp. See the pic below for wiring. The SP3 manual on page 10 includes this section. Let me know if you have more questions.

simmac

28-01-2015 17:41:04

I have the same problem with SP3 to BDA 2 and BHA when i cut one 3mm plug of it only left me with one bare copper wire the little terminal connections has 2 holes do you just put it into one or is there a particular type of cable that splits from 1 3mm plug at one end to 2 bare copper wires at the other
Thanks
Simon

stanb

30-01-2015 20:49:07

By "cut one 3mm plug of it only left me with one bare copper wire". I am not sure what do you mean. Do you mean that you have cut a cable attached to a 3mm plug (headphone style plug)? It should have two (if mono cable) or 3 lines (if stereo cable), one of which would have been the shielding strand or copper braid. Connect the shield (braid) to one of the 2 holes, and the center conductor (strip it off plastic insulation first) to another hole. If there are two center conductors then strip them of plastic both then insert one of the center lines into a hole (you can test one then the other until it works). You need not worry about damaging it by trying, since the triggering inputs and outputs are protected against shorts and take any polarity.
Stan