2.06 issues

EJS73

22-11-2014 09:43:17

Hi all,

Since upgrading to 2.06, my BDP2 is suffering from the following issues / regressions:
- Display: during start-up, front panel display says 'Shutdown' on the top right, while it is in fact booting up
- AIFF playback seems not as robust as before: in particular high res (24/96 and 24/192) occasionally suffers what sounds like static, or drop outs. This did not happen to me in earlier versions of the firmware, and I use the same memory sticks. As workaround, I'm converting the music to FLAC, which works fine but is cumbersome. I've sent Chris a more detailed report of this issue.

Hopefully this is of help to the developers.

Best regards,

Erik

CanadianMaestro

22-11-2014 12:15:34

Hi,

I had same problem very early on during my BDP-1 ownership (still have BDP-1): AIFF files were not smooth. Have used FLAC ever since. No problems. I use Loony Loon, and have never "upgraded" to Maniac Loose or whatever.

Q for you/anyone out there: Do you hear any difference between WAV vs. FLAC? I can't, and prefer FLAC -- much less memory needed. Not crazy about metadata, album art, and all that. It's the music....

Good luck.
Pete

EJS73

22-11-2014 16:33:19

Small difference between AIFF and FLAC in sound quality, if any - that is, assuming the BDP plays them correctly :) As most of my old library is in iTunes AIFF, I hope a future update addresses the new playback issues, which must have been introduced in 2.05 or 2.06 (I don't believe this issue was present with earlier versions of MM).

CanadianMaestro

22-11-2014 19:04:27

If you're interested in converting AIFF to whatever else, the free software I use is XLD (for Apple only). Very good for ripping discs as well. I often hear FLAC files ripped from my CDs as sounding better when played back on my BDP-1 vs. CD on BCD-1.
:o

EJS73

22-11-2014 19:56:02

Yes, I use XLD too, both for ripping and conversion. Plus Metadatics for editing the metadata, and Sample Manager for changing word length, in case I'd like to burn a CD from a high res source (for in the car, but also because I fancy spinning a disc once in a while).