Resetting Sample Rate to 44.1

Krutsch

18-04-2015 17:40:33

I am enjoying my new BDP-1. I am using both USB attached storage, with the MM UI for playback, as well as the BETA DLNA renderer with MinimServer + BubbleUPnP (control point).
The latter works great; even supports gapless playback, so I am pleased.

One issue, however: if I manually skip to a different song (e.g. click on a different song in the queue), the BDP-1 pauses playback, resets the DAC to 44.1, sets the DAC to the new sample rate (e.g. 96/24) and then starts playback. It does this even if all the songs in the playback queue are 96 kHz. With my DAC (Rega), this results in a short, little "pffft" at the start of the next song.

If I just let the queue play though on its own, it doesn't do this; nor is this an issue for Redbook files (44.1/16). But any playback start (from the beginning or navigating within an existing queue) with a higher-res file does this sample rate switching.

Any way to disable this behavior? Why is the BDP resetting the DAC to 44.1?

Krutsch

21-04-2015 13:37:08

UPDATE to the above: I am observing the same issue using MPDroid and simply pausing/un-pausing music playback. That is, pausing the track resets the DAC to 44.1 and un-pausing sets it back to the track's sample rate. Each time adds a "pfffttt" to playback. Nothing else I plus into my DAC makes that sound when changing sample rates.