Artist View with BDP-1

Krutsch

18-04-2015 22:54:29

I am running MM 2.11 and I have 13,490 tracks on a USB drive attached to the rear, bottom USB port. Tracks are mostly FLAC with some MP3 and AAC.

When I first clicked on the "Artist View" in the media player, it took a while to update the albums/artists. Afterwards, when I go back into the same view, I can see I/O activity on the scratch disk (a USB thumb drive on a front port) and some flickering of the USB HDD drive light. But it seems to take a really, really long time for the artist thumbnails to appear on subsequent visits to that page.

Is there something I can do to speed this up? ... other than buying a BDP-2 :-) .. I mean, it's like 20 minutes to bring up that view.

Thanks, Ken

vklyushnikov

19-04-2015 16:04:55

Hi Ken,

There is nothing wrong with you BDP-1. Artist view update is broken in in latest firmware for me too - and I own BDP-2 with only 3000 songs. So we have to wait next firmware update (and probably lot more updates). Actually album db update was always buggy as hell so I use alternate client - MPAD for iPad. It is buggy too, but at least has working album list that can be updated in few seconds.

Krutsch

19-04-2015 16:19:07

Thanks, Vladimir. Is there an Android solution like MPD?

I've been using mostly MinimServer with the BETA DLNA renderer enabled and this works really well, except for the DAC sample rate change issue, but I want to play audio files directly accessed via USB attached to the BDP-1 (which is why I purchased this player).

I hope they keep working to improve things...

Krutsch

20-04-2015 17:17:36

vklyushnikov

21-04-2015 12:05:53

I'm pretty sure that direct playing from USB will sound much better. This is primary way for using BDP. For Android you can use MPDroid app as controller.

Krutsch

21-04-2015 13:00:39

Glad to hear that... I assume the sound improvement comes from decreased electrical noise from HDDs (either spinning rust or SSD)? I picked-up a pair of Corsair Flash drives and plan to move everything over this week, now that things are working.

Thanks for the MPDroid tip - I finally figured all of that out and, you're right, MPDroid works pretty well. The only defect I've come across is when you initially load MPDroid and start your first queue of tracks, the metadata and playing now screen don't show anything playing. If you kill/restart MPDroid, it correctly shows tracks playing.

Elelaka

09-11-2018 12:17:23

I'm pretty sure that direct playing from USB will sound much better. This is primary way for using BDP. For Android you can use MPDroid app as controller.