MPDroid Cover art settings

Krutsch

21-04-2015 00:09:45

Hello,

I am trying to use MPDroid to control my BDP-1 w/ MM S2.11. I can connect to MPD and things seem to work. For album art, I would like to pull in the cover art I've placed with every album (both embedded in the files themselves, as well as with a folder-level folder.jpg).

I'm not sure what I should enter into: Path to music ... to allow downloading of my album art from MPD.

Thanks, Ken

Krutsch

21-04-2015 03:59:43

OK, I guess this is self-serve ... :-)

After digging around the Internet (I'd never heard of MPDroid), I ssh'd into the BDP-1, looked at /etc/mpd.conf and noticed the link to ../../media from /music in the Apache home directory..

Now I have album covers. This app isn't bad. Not as nice as BubbleUPnP, but it works, is responsive and allows playback directly from the BDP-1.

How about an FAQ on setting up MPDroid; you know, for your customers that haven't done Linux development in their past?

EDIT: for other users - in the MPDroid settings, where the app asks for Path to music... enter: /music

The only other setting you need to input is: Host <your BDP IP address> ... under Default connection settings. Don't know if there's an FAQ for this, but I couldn't find it on the Bryston support site, which seems odd, given that MPDroid is the Bryston recommended Android mobile app for controlling your BDP.