Krutsch

01-05-2015 01:33:54

Hi Chris, et al.,

I've been playing around with the CD function with the BDP-1:

S2.11 2015-04-24
Build: Manic Moose
MPD: 0.17.6 NEWS
Kernel: 3.16-0.bpo.2-486

I purchased an LG BP50NB40, which is a Ultra-Slim Blu-ray Writer. I've connected it to *both* rear USB ports, presumably for the extra power needed. I have my music on 2 flash drives in the front ports, so they are available. The drive is nice: it's quiet and worked well playing albums. You guys did a really job with this and congrats on putting the final in the CD player coffin.

Two issues:

1. If I start playback, go into the Media Player interface, and then click on Eject (while the CD is playing), the playlists clears everything not, yet played and then get stuck trying to finish playing the current song. I tried clearing the playlist, pushing the stop button... but I had to power-cycle the player to get out of this state; this is repeatable;

2. I don't see how to start playback from the front panel; I loaded the CD, it downloaded the track titles, et al. from the internet, but when I pushed the Play button on the physical front panel, it started playing back tracks from the USB flash drives. Is there a way to make it play the CD, instead?

Regards,

Ken

Chris Rice

01-05-2015 04:42:35

Hi Ken,

I'm still fiddling with the eject feature, i'm trying to avoid clearing the whole playlist and working on a way that would clear just the audio cd tracks from the playlist. It still has some kinks to work out before the official release of the BOT.

To play a cd using the front panel controls, you must either

1. push the play button within the first 10 seconds after the Audio CD Ready message appears

2. if you enter the drives menu, you should see the Audio CD is listed as a drive, push the right arrow button when the audio cd is listed

glad your enjoying the feature

Krutsch

01-05-2015 05:26:30