Playlist

billt1

13-05-2015 18:33:28

BDP-2 Is there an easy way once you have a playlist to add or delete songs from that playlist and save?

Chris Rice

15-05-2015 00:17:15

You can, load the playlist, modify to your hearts contents and save the playlist using the same name.

Please see the manic moose manual for more info

http://www.bryston.com/PDF/Manuals/BDP-2_MM_Manual.pdf

billt1

15-05-2015 17:31:29

thank you.

MoPac

03-06-2015 15:12:17

BDP-2 S2.12 2015-05-15 iPad 2 & Chrome on XP
MPD 0.17.6

Chris:
Having trouble deleting playlists using MM. The "drag to middle until it turns red" no longer works on iPad or Chrome.

MPAD issues:
Using as an example, I have a playlist called "Symphonies". When I try to add a new Symphony to this playlist and save using the same name the new symphony does not show when the playlist is reopened. So because using the same name when saving does not work I change the name to "Symphonies 1", clear the "Symphonies" playlist and delete that playlist within MM ( when it worked ). Also as far as I know there is no way to delete a playlist from MPAD.

MM issues:
Not being able to delete the playlist in MM causes the list of playlists to grow as the technique above is used. So you may ask why not use MM to manage playlists where tracks can be added and the playlist saved using the same name. This would be great but for the fact that MM seems to have trouble with very large playlists. I will try this, though, with smaller playlists to see if it works, but the need to delete playlists is still there.
When I try to delete a playlist using Chrome the "drag to center" technique just highlights everything in blue, treating it like text. When I try to delete a playlist using the iPad it highlights the "Music Note" on the left side of the playlist to be deleted and when the attempt to move it is made nothing happens except where you pull off your finger that area is highlighted just like text and the option is given to "Copy|Define".

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks, Rich

Chris Rice

04-06-2015 00:16:06

The feature does work, it hasn't gone anywhere. What version of iOS are you running on your iPad and what version of chrome and on what platform are you running it?

MoPac

04-06-2015 20:24:59

Chris:

Chrome is on XP SP3
The iPad 2 is IOS 8.3
Used to work on both these platforms.

Also tested it on my wife's Windows 7 machine using both IE and Chrome. Same results; does what it would do when dealing with text. One thing I noticed that may be of importance. When hovering over the + sign to load a playlist it turns blue indicating a link to an action which does work. This "changing to the color blue" does not happen when hovering over the "music note" on the left side of the playlist listing. Not sure if that means anything.
I did try adding tracks in MPAD then saving the playlist in MM with the same playlist name. That worked great. So I will do that in the future, but gotta get rid of the extra playlists already there.

Thanks, Rich