Artist view S2.18

leefy

18-11-2015 17:03:26

Hi:
I have upgraded my (early) BDP-1 to the Sept 29 build of S2.18 (the latest so far) and cannot get artist view to work after perhaps 20 attempts to build a data base (whew!)
Observations as follows:
1) Music library is on a WD Cloud NAS. Everything works perfectly through mPad when used as controller so all seems in order there. Library is about 1Tb
2) Manic Moose will try to make a database (takes several hours which I assume is normal for BDP 1)
3) Generally it fails at some point. I am not sure whether in the DB build process or the "sorting into albums part" as I am not watching it all the time
4) Normally I get a DB Crash detected message and of course nothing is populated in the Artist view window
5) Occasionally it says "build completed" (hooray!) but still there is nothing populated in the Artist view
6) I have tried multiple times to "reset DB" after a crash and have it rebuild from scratch. Result is always the same, no info of any sort in the Artist view window
7) As clicking on the Artist folder in the default View now simply redirects me to "Artist View" which is blank I have no way to see artists at all. Previously that folder in Default View would show a list of the Artists
8) I have also tried various times to factory reset and/or reboot BDP 1. All has made no difference

Any thoughts on next step to make it work?

Thanks in advance
Lee

Chris Rice

20-11-2015 17:00:58

Hi Lee,

The BDP-1 (technically the 2 as well) currently has a ceiling as to the amount of tag data that is can handle (approximately 40,000 songs; keep in mind its the amount of tag data associated to each song). You may want to consider trying the testing builds and/or placing the BDP into service mode and email me the service id so that we can see whats going on.

Cheers,
Chris

leefy

20-11-2015 17:08:34

Hi Chris:
Thanks for your help on this and my Tidal inquiry below. Forgive my ignorance but I have never used service mode on the BDP 1. Do I just go into it and email something to you? You referred to it in my Tidal inquiry as well so I'd appreciate it if you can let me know what I need to do at this end.

Cheers
Lee