Tidal on S2.18 (Chris?)

leefy

19-11-2015 04:02:35

A question for Chris probably (as are most I suspect)

I am using Tidal on my BDP-1 with firmware 2.18. All is working fine but I notice that, even though I have a full Tidal HiFi subscription and am signed in, the Tidal settings page on the BDP - 1 will not allow me to change from MP3 streaming. When I try to change to lossless quality it immediately reverts to MP3. Is Tidal limited to MP3 on this firmware or is there another way to change the quality setting for streaming?
( I have submitted an earlier topic about problems with artist view but this is unrelated so I have posted separately in case its of interest to someone else)

Thanks in advance
Lee

Chris Rice

20-11-2015 16:55:28

Hi Lee,

Sounds like an issue with the user space, there is a fix included in the next firmware release (currently available in the test builds). If you place the BDP into service mode i can confirm and possibly temporarily fix it.

Cheers,
Chris

cristrixes

30-11-2015 14:36:13

Hi Chris, this is the same issue I am also encountering (email sent on 30-Nov subject: Re: New BDP-1 bought at AFA in Singapore).

Does this mean I could already be playing at lossless 44.1 but still showing at mp3 320? The sound is very nice/detailed and wondering if this is really playing on mp3 320 as shown.
Still on 30 day trial on Tidal Hifi and still weighing on premium vs hifi. Thanks.

Chris Rice

03-12-2015 19:48:02

In the lower right corner is "HIFI" if that is the same shade of blue as the seek bar then its lossless flac, otherwise it is lossy mp3. It wouldn't be surprising if you thought the mp3 lossy sounded good, i've heard from a number of people that they felt the BDP made even mp3's sound better. Which kind of makes sense as it is a purpose built piece of equipment.

Cheers,
Chris