Question: Setting default media player?

martydmnt

31-07-2018 14:43:07

I've dipped my toes into the BDP world by picking up a second hand BDP-Pi. It's running the latest firmware. On boot-up, it starts up with Roon as the default player. I don't plan on ever using Roon and would prefer MPD to be the default at startup. I can't find an option for this. Does it exist?

I realize it's simple to change to MPD from the Dashboard, but it seems like there should be a way to define which starts at boot-up.

Thanks for any help.

Chris Rice

31-07-2018 16:23:58

Hi Marty,

It should be using the playback service last selected, sounds like there might be something up with your unit. Could you place the BDP into service mode and email us the service id so we can take a look?

Chris

martydmnt

31-07-2018 16:54:09

Will do, thanks for replying!

martydmnt

10-08-2018 02:23:40

Chris, the replacement card appears to have solved the problem of remembering the status of the last player used, thanks!

Would you mind one more question? I've tried the CD backup with a few USB drives I have around (an ASUS dvd burner, LG dvd burner, and LG Blu-ray). While I can play direct from CD, when I try to backup, I get the message "initiating CD backup" but it never progresses further. Perhaps I'm missing some step in the process? I watched the posted Youtube video but I don't think I missed any steps.

Thanks again for your help!

martydmnt

10-08-2018 02:28:35