Songs, albums unitelligible/unplayable after firmware update

martydmnt

28-09-2018 14:14:46

Chris,

I updated to the latest MM firmware version. After the update, all songs and albums now have names consisting of 20+ random numbers and characters. None are playable. I attempted to rebuild the database, but it kept failing with only 8% rebuilt.

The drive is a NAS, and when I connected via a desktop to the NAS, all the files are still correctly named, stored, and I spot checked at least a few to ensure they were playable on my laptop.

The Pi will play from the USB DVD drive directly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

martydmnt

28-09-2018 21:29:47

So .. I removed the NAS from the NAS list in the Settings, then deleted the Bryston DB, then allowed it to update, rebooted, and then browsed to the NAS from the media player, and it appears everything is back and playable with the correct names.

Somewhere between removing the NAS, deleting the DB, rebooting, and reattaching the NAS stuff cleared up.

martydmnt

29-09-2018 02:28:24

..well, almost cleared it up. The songs are entirely visible and I can add them to the queue, but they fail to play.

I'll leave it alone overnight as it's reporting the blue Update in the media player (and U on the front panel). It's been running the update for about 20 minutes now. Based on prior experience it shouldn't be taking this long but I'll leave it be and check it in the morning.