BDP-3 Internal Wireless Card

Condorman71

20-09-2018 23:33:53

I just received my new BDP-3 and BDA-3 combo, and am stoked to get them working. Unfortunately, the wi-fi stack on the internal wireless card (BDP option) seems to be extremely weak. I have a home MESH network that is fast and highly optimized (I'm an MCSE). I also have a AP node (repeater/amplifier) for the wireless network in the same room, staring directly at the BDP-3. Yet I can barely get 1 bar of reception, and not even enough data transmission to register in my main routers reporting. Very frustrating to say the least.

I am able to play music, but their are frequent pauses (I assume buffering). I am also able to connect to the Dashboard and Media Player in my PC browser, but it's operation is extremely slow - searching for tunes, indexing drives, etc. takes forever.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Am I missing a setting or configuration? Makes me think that the Wireless module is defective. I heard that Auralic had this problem with their wireless cards (all from Intel) in their media players

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

JC

Sandertristan

03-01-2019 08:13:17